Present: Casey, Claire, Pet, Peri, Ken, Ruth, Michael, Teneille
Apologies: Roger, Paul,
WELCOME TO ANY NEW MEMBERS
Welcome to Claire and Pet.
- INFRASTRUCTURE – WE DO NOT HAVE ANY UPDATES FROM THE COUNCIL ON ANY OF THESE ISSUES
- GOLDHAWK ROAD – UPDATE: WE WILL BE MEETING WITH COUNCIL OFFICERS ON 5TH JUNE
- UXBRIDGE ROAD – we wanted to know if lbhf had been in contact with ealing about proposals for a segregated cycle lane along the length of uxbridge road
- FULHAM HIGH STREET – WE HAD ASKED THE IMPLICATIONS OF MOVING THE TRAFFIC ISLAND TO REMOVE THE NEED FOR VEHICLES TO CUT IN TO THE CYCLIST’S POSITION
- WHITE CITY – NOTTING HILL
TfL is consulting on road and junction improvements from Holland Park roundabout to Notting Hill. We need to generate as much support for the scheme as possible. Consultation closes on the 16th of June 2019. Please follow the link below for details and to respond, there are drop-in sessions at:
The Bush Theatre, 7 Uxbridge Road, London W12 8LJ – Wednesday 5 June 2019 (17:00 – 21:00)
The Bush Theatre, 7 Uxbridge Road, London W12 8LJ – Saturday 8 June 2019 (11:00 – 15:00)
We need volunteers to help distribute fliers and engage with schools, bodies and organisations to get the word out. Vin Aithol contacted staff members at Imperial College who are happy to help reach out to the students union.
- HAMMERSMITH BRIDGE: The future of Hammersmith Bridge as a world-class walking & cycling link – Sat, 18th May 2019, 11:00-13:30, Rutland Arms, 15 Lower Mall, W6 9DJ
Marco from London Car Free Day attended and gave us an introduction to the ideals behind London Car Free Day and the initiatives to see space as more than just a repository for parked vehicles. They attended as organisers of the Hammersmith Bridge discussion.
We attended this discussion and walk and it was an involved debate which generated a lot of understanding and support for trialing the bridge as a walking and cycling destination. We will continue to work with London Car Free Day and other stakeholders to impress upon the council the important opportunity this represents.
- FREECYCLE, HFCYCLISTS MONTHLY RIDES, SCHOOL CLIMATE STRIKE,
We will be organising a feeder ride to Prudential London FreeCycle on the 3rd August. We want as many marshals as possible to support the led ride. Please email email@example.com to notify us if you can join as a marshal.
HF cyclists monthly ride was to Teddington via Richmond Park. The destination was the Landmark Art Centre.
Climate Strike On A Bike: We attended this and joined with the LCC to support thousands of young people at Parliament Square on Friday 24th May 2019.
- BIKE HANGERS UPDATE – No update from the council at present. Teneille spoke about her frustration with the process of requesting a bike hanger. She had signed up for a bike hanger in October 2018 but was told she is 29th in the queue and it is more than a years wait.
Update: Cllr Iain Cassidy has said that he will look to see what is slowing the pipeline and try to speed the process up.
- FINANCE – Ken updated us on the current finances and the fact that we can apply for a grant if required. Normally we would forgo the grant but we need to budget for a new or overhauled website so we will apply for the grant to support this capital expenditure.
- Contributors – We want your stories, pictures, cycling successes and fails, inspirational rides, infrastructure notes and observations etc. Send us your pictures and notes by WhatsApp, Viber or to our Facebook page for us to share.
- Website – We are seeking a volunteer webmaster if possible.
- Calendar – Still looking for our best solution for ease of use
- RIDES AND SOCIAL EVENTS
We attended the following:
- The future of Hammersmith Bridge as a world-class walking & cycling link –
Sat, 18th May 2019, 11:00-13:30, Rutland Arms, 15 Lower Mall, W6 9DJ
- Hammersmith Festival Fri & Sat 17-18th May 2019
- HFCyclists Ride – Sunday, 19th May 2019 to the Landmark Arts Centre in Teddington.
The David Eales Memorial Ride to Amsterdam – 19 – 24 Sep 2019 is coming. Sign up link will be shared on the LCC website shortly.
DATE AND PLACE OF NEXT MEETING
11th June 2019, 19:00-21:00 at Pekoe Mellow Tea House, 22 Aldensley Road, Brackenbury Village, Hammersmith W6 0DH